I made these shoes for my friend's baby shower gift based on the pictures of FO's and the progress shots on Ravelry, since I couldn't get the original pattern anywhere.
After finishing this project, I found that I made a little less numbers of ridges at the toe than the original, but I like it as is.
Here is how I made my version of Babystøvler;
- Yarn: DK / 8 ply weight yarn in 2 different colors
- Needle: US5/ 3.75mm or size to get the gauge
- Gauge: 6sts x 12rows (1”sq) in garter st
- Finished size: New born size / 3.5 inches measured at seam of the sole
With main color, CO21sts.
Work 26 rows in garter st.
1st decrease row: k1, ssk, k to the end of the row
2nd decrease row: k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1.
Rep the two dec rows once more, and 1st dec row one more time. (16sts left)
1st increase row: k to last 1 st, m1, k1.
2nd increase row: k1, m1, k to the end of the row
Rep the two inc rows once more, and 1st inc row one more time. (21sts left)
Work 25 rows in garter st.
Next row: BO 9sts, k to the end of the row.
With contrasting color, work 4 rows in st st.
With main color, work 4 rows in rev st st.
Rep these 8 rows 3 more times, and work the 4 rows of st st in contrasting colors once more.
This is how it should look like from the wrong side when it's done knitting.
Fold it where the lines are drawn.
Graft stitches on the needle and the cast-on edge using kitchener stitch technique.
Then you will have something like this.
Sew the top edge of toe part using running stitch.
Pull the stitch tight to gather the top edge.
Sew the bottom edge of the toe part same way.
Graft the bottom edge of the bootie. Sew half stitch from each side to make the seam allowance as narrow as possible.
Sew couple of stitches at the bottom of the opening to make the ankle part stand up better.
Now you are done! :) Repeat the other side and admire the cuteness!
* Please use this pattern for personal / non-profit use only. You may use this pattern for charity knitting or to make projects for charity fundraising. Please do not post this pattern anywhere else without permission. Thanks.*